Monday, July 28, 2008

GPS (God's Powerful Spirit)


Lately, I've been challenged by my weight again. I lost 66.7 lbs. in 2005-2006, and I certainly don't want to find them again. My biggest ally in maintaining a good weight is the Holy Spirit. His still small voice tells me when I am full, but sometimes I ignore it. I am God's creation and as such, I know that I am wonderfully made. (Psalms 139:14.) I love myself because God loved me first. Now I just need to take care of His creation. I know how to do it. It's just a matter of doing it. This week my challenging adventure will be to eat right and exercise. I will avoid stress eating and late night eating. I will trust my GPS. The GPS in my car works wonderfully. The GPS inside me works even better if I activate Him. I need to hold a vision of myself as a very healthy lady. I need to renew my mind on a daily basis. I need to persevere. "Consider it pure joy, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the test of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4. This trial of maintaining my weight is pure joy because it is developing perseverance in me. It is empowering me. My weight watcher leader once said that I have a 100% chance of success if I DO what is required to lose weight. That does not mean....think about it....or hope or wish for it. That means DO it. That means eating right, drinking lots of water, and getting plenty of activity in my day by riding my bike, walking, and doing housework. That means staying in control of my life. That means forgiving myself for errors and moving right on past them. That means not resisting my GPS. That means focusing on my success, not my failure. That means keeping track of what I eat. That means I am on a mission. "Then they said to him, 'Inquire of God that we may know whether the mission we are undertaking will succeed. The priest replied, 'Go in peace. The mission you are on is under the eye of the Lord.'" (Judges 18:5-6). Today I choose to believe in myself. I choose to believe that I can make a decision to stay healthy and have the perfect weight. With the help of my GPS, I'll meet my goal.

5 comments:

Patty said...

Thanks, Jeanie, for sending the weight watcher news letter to me on email. I decided to post this quote from it on the blog. It's awesome!

"People struggling to lose weight often talk about their lack of willpower, as if willpower is something that you are either born with, or not," says Palma Posillico, vice president of training and development for Weight Watchers International. "Losing weight is all about 'wantpower'—about recognizing that you already have all the resources you need to get what you want."

Patty said...

I followed my internal GPS yesterday and ate correctly. I did housework and walked the dog for exercise. Thank You, Lord, for guiding me in the right direction. I'm on a roll now.

Patty said...

Day Two of following my healthy program:

I walked the dog twice, did housework, and ate pretty well (although I did have some ice cream). I let my GPS lead me and didn't fall into late night eating.

Today's Daily Word went so well with the idea of GPS (God's Powerful Spirit) that I decided to include it.

"Intuition
I live my life with confidence and purpose.
At first I may be amazed when I receive what seems like a spur-of-the-moment revelation, the perfect answer to a dilemma at the most unexpected time and place.
Giving it second thought, however, I know where such revelation comes from. It's intuition, a natural inner knowing that is always available to me. What has happened is that I have gotten myself out of the way--removing any doubts and anxiety--and let Spirit speak and act through me. There is no negative interference when I give my full attention to Spirit. I have a direct, open line to divine wisdom.
Putting God first, I let my life take on the order and wisdom of Spirit. I know what I know to be true. Spirit within confirms this, and I continue to live my life with confidence and purpose.

'On that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.'--John 14:20"

Patty said...

My mom just called, and I found out that my Aunt Bobbie went to be with the Lord last night. GPS is my comforter today.

Patty said...

Well, today I'm a little melancholy, but I did not indulge in stress eating yesterday or today. I'm just praying that our families will be comforted.