Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's Your Time


That's the title of Joel Osteen's new book and also the title of its second chapter. Last week I wrote about the chapter, "You're Closer Than You Think", which really helped me realize that God's guidance is giving me such a boost to run the race that is set before me. Like in Paul said in Hebrews 12:1, let us run with patience.

Last week I was very close to a resolution in a job situation, which turned out perfectly a couple of days later. Remember that verse in Zechariah 9:12, which says we should be prisoners of hope. This week I read in Acts 2:26, "I have pitched my tent in the land of hope." Yes, I've moved out of the land of discouragement, and I hope you have too because it's your time.

You will receive double for your trouble. Isaiah 61:7 says, "For your shame you shall have double and for confusion, they shall rejoice in their portion. Therefore, in their land they shall possess the double. Ever lasting joy shall be unto them."

Joel says that when an unfair situation happens, we should not pitch our tents in self-pity. Instead we need to go to the land of gratitude because now we will come out of the situation with twice the joy, twice the peace, and twice the victory. We are victors, not victims. God will bring justice into our lives. As prisoners of hope, it's our time. God's busy arranging things in our favor.

Light and love,
Patty

No comments: