Saturday, March 20, 2010

Speaking Faith-Filled Words


"Our words can bless our future or they can curse it," writes Joel Osteen. We give life to our faith when we use our words in a positive way. When we are grateful for our lives and complaint-free, we bring blessing in abundance to them.

When we look for the best in everyone and speak it, they become the best. With our children, we can speak blessing into their lives even when they are not living their best lives. If they are not behaving the way we would like them to behave, we can put a positive spin on it to our friends. When they ask about them, we can say, "She's blessed. She makes good decisions. She is kind and respectful. She just doesn't know it yet!" Joel Osteen suggests this practice in his new book, IT'S YOUR TIME.

We can also use our words to speak healing into our lives. Yesterday my back was hurting me, but I decided not to give it attention. I thanked God for my perfect health. I knew that if I didn't feel perfectly healthy at that moment, it was not a permanent thing. This morning I woke up feeling great. I took the time to thank God for healing me before I even got out of bed this morning. Once we realize the correlation between what we say and how we feel, we will make sure our words are full of faith. Let's remember to be victors, not victims. Joel 3:10 says, "Let the weak say, 'I am strong.'" We need to claim our victory even when we don't feel it.

Zechariah 10:1 says, "Ask the Lord for rain in springtime." It's the first day of spring and outside my window, I see snow, not rain! The idea of this verse, though, is to ask for what we need. We simply take things for granted sometimes, and do not even think about them. Yet, if we use the words to express our desires, we are voicing faith and releasing God's power. The snow may not disappear, but it will soak into the ground and bring forth flowers in as beautiful a way as rain would.

I'm grateful for today, and I am going to proclaim good things for my loved ones, myself, and you. God bless!

Love and light,
Patty

No comments: