Thursday, June 17, 2010

Your Sweet Spot


A few years ago my friend Holly gave me a calendar with excerpts from Max Lucado's CuRe for tHe CoMMon LIfE. Lucado said, "God gave you a 'sweet spot,' a zone, a region in which you were made to dwell. He tailored the curves of your life to fit an empty space in His jigsaw puzzle. And life makes sweet sense when you find your sweet spot."

Yes, it does. When you find your sweet spot emotionally, spiritually, mentally, and physically, it feels awesome! I found my sweet spot!! Emotionally I know that every day I have a choice about the way I feel, and I choose joy and love. Spiritually, I go to God who knows all things and leave all my problems in the wisdom that can see through everything and give the perfect answer. Mentally, I appreciate the brain that God gave me, and I open my mind to that light knowing that my thoughts will be divinely created. Physically, I love where I am. I have an awesome family, live in a great college town, have wonderful friends, and a great opportunity to teach kids during the school year. What more could there be?

I found my place of blessing and have a serene sense of peace. I hope you have found yours too. When you find it, you can claim the promise of my favorite verse with me: "All things work together for good for those who love God." (Romans 8:28)

Love and Light,
Patty

No comments: