We'll explore how to:
* Enlarge your vision
* Develop a healthy self-image
* Discover the power of your thoughts and words
* Let go of the past
* Find strength through adversity
* Live to give
* Choose to be happy
I love that poster. I want to be like a tree planted by the water b/c it stays fresh and green even in the drought. No matter what circumstances come about, it is not affected. May we all claim God's favor so we can stand strong like that.
This is a good picture to lead into our new chapter 6 discussion....LIVING FAVOR-MINDED. When we live favor-minded, we are like that tree planted by the water because our roots are going directly to our Source. When heat or drought come, we still are fed by our Source. Thanks be to God! Joel says that when we live this way, we'll "begin to see God's goodness in the everyday, ordinary details....That's the favor of God." I'm so grateful as I begin the Christmas season for all the everyday details we tend to take for granted sometimes. When I think of Christ's lowly birth, I remember that His parents were just grateful for shelter that night. We have so much in our lives. Praise be to God! May you all enjoy this holiday season and look for the extraordinary in the everything details of our lives.
I have a good example of living favor-minded for this chapter. It's the story of Torrance "Tank" Daniels. My niece Courtney met and married Tank at Harding University, a Christian school, in Searcy, AR. Tank was attending on a football scholarship. Frank took an interest in Tank from the beginning b/c he had also gone to school on a football scholarship, as does his son Chad. Frank followed the games on the internet and finally when one was in traveling distance, we attended it. When Tank graduated from college, he got the chance of a lifetime to play NFL football. He played for the Philadelphia Eagles on special teams. This fall he was disappointed when he was cut, but declaring God's favor, he picked himself up and found his way to the practice squad of the New York Giants. He had wonderful travel opportunities and was able to go to London with the team. Just recently we found out that he made the roster of the NEW YORK GIANTS. He's # 52. Along the way, Tank did get discouraged from time to time, but he kept thanking God for every circumstance and he found favor with God. Awesome!
Holly called and left me a voice message. These are some of the questions and assignments for chapter six from the study guide. I'll also post on the threads for chapters four and five. 1) Describe how God's favor has recently affected the ordinary details of your life.2) How do favor-minded people increase the level of favor in their daily lives?3) Do you think God is waiting for you to conceive the promise in your heart? 4) Pick one of the people from the bible (mentioned in this chapter) and describe why you relate to his or her situation.5) If you had all the money & resources needed when you were offered an opportunity to do anything you dreamed of doing all your life, what would you do?
1) Describe how God's favor has recently affected the ordinary details of your life.I live favor-minded so God's favor affects my life every day. Last night I found out that school was canceled for the day......a snow day. I'm behind on my housework, and it is only two weeks until Christmas....so I would say that this is a blessing and that God's favor is affecting my day. Praise God! "Strive first for the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matt. 6:33. I'm so grateful for that!
2) How do favor-minded people increase the level of favor in their daily lives?Favor-minded people increase their level of favor by gratitude, faith, and optimism. The more grateful we are for the blessings in our lives, the more blessings we receive. When we have faith and look for good things to happen, they do. When we have high expectations for our lives, we move forward in a positive way and increase the favor in our lives. For example, today I was teaching 3rd graders, and I went to school expecting them to be brilliant and helpful. They fulfilled my expectations and I let them know about it.
3) Do you think God is waiting for you to conceive the promise in your heart? I know that I was meant to have life and have it more abundantly. I was created for more. It is my heritage, if only I will claim it. I was not meant to settle for less but to enjoy the abundant life. I can be surrounded by love, majesty, and beauty every day. My life is meant to be big, rocky, and full of unexpected challenges and rewards. It is appropriate for me to be scared sometimes as well as at peace. I am sad sometimes, but I choose happiness most of the time. I have to stretch sometimes and be able to see things from a different perspective. Then I will become who I am supposed to become. I will evolve. This is not always easy. Sometimes I am overwhelmed and out of control, but that is when the strength of God comes to my rescue and helps me get back on track. I trust in Him and my own resilience and ability to learn from everything and grow. I honor every experience I have.
I love living favor-minded. We had Christmas dinner at the plaza with some of you bloggers. Holly and I were riding together. We got to a parking garage right next to the Cheesecake Factory, which is where we were going to have dinner. The parking garage said FULL, but we pulled into it anyway. Right by the entry a car was pulling out so we got a perfect parking spot. Awesome! Praise God!
4) Pick one of the people from the bible (mentioned in this chapter) and describe why you relate to his or her situation.I relate to David the most. I make so many mistakes, but I still love the Lord. I love to sing and write so I understand completely how he wrote the psalms. David asks the Lord to search his heart, and he finds comfort in the Lord in the presence of his enemies. He says that God lets him rest in meadows green in the 23rd Psalm. I also love to find solitude and comfort in nature.
5) If you had all the money & resources needed when you were offered an opportunity to do anything you dreamed of doing all your life, what would you do?Frank & I were discussing this question this morning. We both love our jobs so we both said we would continue what we are doing now. I know we both wish we had more resources to help our kids, but we also know that some of the hard knocks they go through strengthen their character. I always wanted to be a famous singer or something like that. My dream on that front has kind of changed over the years, though. When I was young, I always wanted to be a teacher. That's what I became so I pretty much had my dream fulfilled there. I always wanted to be a mother, and I have two lovely daughters so that was another dream come true. As a bonus, I gained another daughter and a son through marriage. I wanted an awesome husband. That dream was a while in coming, but for the last ten years, I've enjoyed the marriage of my dreams. I wanted to travel. I'm doing a lot of that. I have been blessed with three gorgeous granddaughters. I just can't think of anything more that I want, and that's a good thing. Thank You, Lord, for granting me such favor in my life.
Post a Comment