Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Gratitude in All Things


"Let us come into His presence with thanksgiving," suggests David in Psalm 95:2. Yes, I can do that.

Today I am grateful for the rain we had earlier and for the sun coming out after the storm. The quickest way I know to elevate my mood is an attitude of gratitude.

Last Saturday we went to the Missouri State Fair, and the rain poured down at one point, causing me to go in search of our granddaughter to make sure she found shelter. I didn't complain about the rain, though, because we found a nice shelter with live music and good food and beverages. There is always a blessing if we search for one.

Gratitude serves us in many ways. First, seeing the blessings in every thing opens the way for more blessings. Every year when Frank and I do our Christmas card, I am amazed at all the blessings we have to share with others. We have to leave many out because there isn't room on the card to write them all down (and we don't want to bore people to death....lol).

Secondly, gratitude helps us live in the present moment. Each moment brings its own blessings. For instance, right now I feel blessed to have a laptop computer so I can write a blog entry or a message.

Lastly, an attitude of gratitude is what keeps me reverent. I thank God that He sees fit to bless my life in so many ways with a wonderful family, a good job, and a lovely home. Paul instructs us in I Thessalonians 5:18, "In every thing give thanks." Thank You, Lord. I am indeed blessed.

Love & Light,
Patty

No comments: