Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Prayer Offers Strength and Comfort


I visited my mom a couple of days ago and sat with her through her chemo treatment. At the end, I hugged her and then went out to my car a little tearful. A sense of powerlessness overwhelms me sometimes. Then I realized something, I could pray. I went back into the treatment center and prayed with her. I felt a release. I think she did too.

Numbers 6:26 says, "The Lord lift up His countenance and give you peace." That peace carries with it the strength we need to get through life. In church we say, "Wherever I am, God is, and all is well."

Thanks, Lord, for being our comfort and our strength. Thanks for providing the care and the people needed to bring about healing. Thanks for blessing Mom in many ways with a wonderful doctor and great nurses, a caring husband, and a comforting niece to sit with her through treatments.

No comments: