Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Grace of God


I am so thankful for God's grace today. Even though I didn't ask for them, blessings rained down on me. I accepted a job in a music classroom this week, and as I was leading the fourth grade in their songs, I realized how beautiful the words were. We sang, "Something for me, something for you; you show love for me, I show love for you. If we take time to see what this world could be, we could live peacefully; we all could be free." This is part of a song by J.D. Steele, Larry Long, Brian C. Herron, and Nate Underwood. I just felt blessed to be singing these lovely words with such impressible little souls.

The second thing that truly blessed me today was getting out of school early. The teachers have an in-service every Wednesday so I get to leave an hour and a half before the usual end of the school day.

The third thing that blessed me today was our lawn service coming over to mow the lawn. I just felt so privileged to be able to have someone do such a wonderful task for us.

There are so many other blessings I received today like a wonderful dinner with my husband and granddaughter and the gratitude of my grand dog when I brought him in the house away from the scary lawn mower.

Paul said, "Everything is for your sake, so that grace...may increase thanksgiving, to the glory of God" in 2 Corinthians 4:15. Every breath I take, every drop of rain that falls, every drink of clean water I enjoy, every morsel of food I digest, and every comfort of my home remind me of how abundantly God provides for me. I am grateful. "He brought me into this place and gave us this land, a land flowing with milk and honey," (Deuteronomy 26:9).

Love and Light,
Patty

No comments: