Saturday, September 17, 2011

Expect Miracles


Stuff happens! We know that life brings challenges. I hear about so many things that seem so heart-breaking, yet we only see the small picture. Only God knows what is in store for us in our future.

Alice Caldwell Rice wrote, "Life is made up of desires that seem big and vital one minute, and little and absurd the next. I guess we get what's best for us in the end." I actually know the truth of this statement. I remember on July 18, 2004, that I had just completed a bike ride with my husband when I got a phone call that changed my life forever. I had just been wrapped up in my own little world and thinking about biking and unpacking from a recent trip to Canada. Then one of my daughter's friends called and told me that my daughter Tori had been involved in a serious accident with a motorcycle. What seemed big and vital before DID become little and absurd at that moment. All I could think about was getting to the hospital to see my daughter. We drove fast to Fayetteville, AR, to see her. It did not seem real. When we got there, we went to see her and came out of her room in tears and praying for her life.

God spared Tori, and everyday we thank God that we have been given another chance to enjoy our daughter. It is a miracle. Even more miraculous is the fact that even though the doctors told her that she would not be able to have any more children besides her five-year-old daughter Sierra, she gave birth to two more precious, healthy children.

This experience has taught me to expect miracles and to remember that God is still God, and God is still good. No matter what happens in life, God is in control, and thank God for that. I might mess up but God never will.

Love and Light,
Patty

No comments: