Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Joy of the Lord is Our Strength


"This is a day that the Lord hath made. I will be glad and rejoice in it," writes David in Psalm 118:24. It's pretty important that we believe that in spite of the economy, in spite of family situations, in spite of the political situations, and in spite of health issues. If we really believe that God is bigger than our problems, this allows Him to do amazing things. We have a choice every single day to be depressed or to be joyful. We have to make a decision upon awakening to be thankful and in love with a beautiful day. We have what we need to be happy. Joel Osteen in his new book Make Every Day a Friday writes, "I know people who are perfectly healthy, but they are never really happy......if they were to lose their health and then suddenly regain it, I'm sure they would be thrilled." We can say the same thing about our spouses, our children, our jobs, our houses, and our leaders. It's all a matter of perspective. Thank God we have what we have.

Matthew 6:26 says, "Behold the fowls of the air, that they do not sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them." Maybe that's why they sing so early in the morning! Their joy is in the Lord. It wouldn't do any good for them to complain. They would then just remain where they are instead of flying away to a warmer place for winter.

When David became discouraged, he reminded himself in Psalm 43:5, "Why are you cast down, O my soul?.....Hope in God." Regardless of the news, that is what I want to do. It's over a year until elections take place. I will hear so much stuff from the politicians that it will make my head spin. I'll have to wade through all kinds of information, and it's important that I do so that I can make a good decision. However, there comes a time when I say, "Enough is enough." I think I'll turn this stuff off awhile and gain perspective. I need to find my garment of praise and put it on at that point like it says in Isaiah 61:3. This land will be restored and our futures will be bright again. Get ready for that! "Count it all joy when you fall into various trials," is what James 1:2 advises. Now that is not an easy thing, but restoration doesn't come from discouragement. Joy in the Lord is where our strength is. God bless!

Love and Light,
Patty

No comments: