Friday, March 2, 2012

Justice


Sandra Fluke, a 23 year old Georgetown University law student, testified before Congress, and presented her opinion that women should be allowed access to birth control. For some reason, this has been controversial lately with the Republican party. Rush Limbaugh, a conservative radio talk show host, lambasted her and called her a slut. This very mean, critical, and hurtful attack was totally unjustified. I could not imagine the hurt and anger that Sandra must have felt.

When President Obama heard about it, he called Sandra and thanked her for standing up for women's health issues. He was her avenger, and I am proud to say that he is my President.

So far, Limbaugh has not apologized or asked for Sandra Fluke's forgiveness. I feel that even though Sandra was treated unfairly, she took the high road. She realized that Limbaugh was trying to silence her and all women by his insulting remarks. She did not try to defend herself or strike back, but she held her own and controlled her emotions. I was proud to have her represent the women of this country. She is a brave young lady who will not be silenced by a bully. Yay for her.

I feel that God sees every time we are wronged and vindicates us. I feel that Sandra passed the test by using her time and energy to promote fairness for women. Joel Osteen writes, "Those hindering you, trying to bring you down, will see you stepping to a new level" if you don't sink to their level.

I think Sandra has already received the respect she deserves for championing women's rights by receiving a call from the President of the United States. I think Limbaugh will see Fluke's promotion and vindication and that she will have the last laugh. I predict that she will become a great lawyer someday and that Limbaugh will fall on his face. God bless you, Sandra Fluke. You told our story and you will be avenged.

Love and Light,
Patty

No comments: