Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Enter His Presence with Joy


"Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
Serve the LORD with gladness:

come before His presence with singing.
Know ye that the LORD He is God:

it is He that hath made us, and not we ourselves;
we are His people, and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,

and into His courts with praise:
be thankful unto Him,and bless His name.
For the LORD is good;

His mercy is everlasting;
and His truth endureth to all generations."

~ Psalm 100

How I love this scripture!! Years ago I learned to sing it in church. Enter into His courts with thanksgiving, and we will find only happiness and love there. When we enter God's presence, the peace and joy there are indescribable. Our mind becomes cleansed of fear, anger, and guilt. It becomes impossible to see anything but LOVE there. We see innocence and awareness, and our life gains purpose. With Christ's vision, we come to understand Paul's words that "the greatest of these is love." What a gift God has given us! We come to understand that everyone is either extending love, or putting out a call for love. I came to understand this a few years ago when someone was acting very rudely towards me. I realized that this person needed love in the desperate way. I resolved to show love no matter what treatment I received. I'm happy to say it released me from the pain of resentment and caused the "rude" person to act in a much more positive way toward me. We realize spiritual principles such as these when we spend time in the presence of our Lord. When God leads the way, the light on our path will illumine our life with the greatest sense of well-being and peace that we have ever felt. We will be too blessed to be stressed. Our wells will be full of joy, and hope will burn all burdens away. "Be still, and know that I am God!" (Psalm 46:10) Peace fills my soul.

No comments: