Saturday, February 20, 2010

Praying Bold Prayers


"Ask Me and I will give you the nations as your inheritance." (Psalm 2:8) What a promise! God is not limited in what He can do for us. All we need is faith to activate God's power in our lives.

God has so many blessings in store for us if we will only ask. If we trust everything to the Holy Spirit, nothing is impossible. "We can see, with absolute clearness, that the best, the most desirable and the most perfect must come to pass when Higher Power takes charge; when Divine Wisdom is the guiding light; and when the Great Love rules the way," writes Christian D. Larson. Whatever circumstances, conditions, or obstacles face us can be easily handled by God's strength if we give them to Him.

We might also call a friend to pray with us. My friend Holly will always pray with me, even if it is over the phone. This always soothes and comforts me. I pray for her too. We affirm good for each other, knowing the Holy Spirit solves all our dilemmas and pressures. We come boldly to the throne of God, praying with "the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind" (Philippians 2:2) for God's loving presence to shine light on our lives and give us strength and guidance in all our affairs.

May you pray bold prayers as well so God can show you His unlimited favor.

Light and love,
Patty

1 comment:

Patty said...

Pray for Others from the DaILy WoRd


I connect with Spirit as I pray for others.

When I pray, I connect deeply with Spirit and know I am one with the Divine. In this oneness, I feel connected to my family, friends and community and to all people.

When I pray for another--perhaps someone with a health concern, facing a financial situation or dealing with a family issue--I open myself to Spirit and to the connection we all share. I may pray for the renewal of this person's health, prosperity or peace. However, my prayer for any one person is in truth a prayer for the world. It represents our divine connection.

When I pray for others, just as when I pray for myself, I know my prayers are answered. In thanks, I know that all is well.

Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive.--Matthew 21:22