Thursday, February 11, 2010

You Are Your Father's Child


"I know who your Father is......there is no obstacle you can't overcome....There's no challenge that is too much for you....There's no financial difficulty, no lack that will hold you back," says Joel Osteen.

I'm so grateful that I am the daughter of the Most High. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me," Paul tells the Phillipians in Chapter 4, verse 3. Sometimes I try to handle everything by myself, and that doesn't work so well. Recently I was planning a party to celebrate Mom's progress with her treatments. My husband had coupons for free rooms at a hotel, but not enough for the whole family. I really started to stress about it, but it all worked out in the end. I just needed to leave it to God and quit trying to control the situation.

God knows the way, and He is my GPS. His Light clears the way and leads me to peace of mind. When the disciples had anxiety, Jesus stood among them and said, "Peace be with you." (John 20:26) If I remember that I am a child of God and take a deep relaxing breath, my thoughts settle and my anxiety dissolves. That is when solutions appear and harmony reigns. I place everything in the spirit of the Supreme and the blessing of love and peace come into my heart. I am empowered by my Father. I rest in His love.

Light and Love,
Patty

2 comments:

Kimberly Brixey said...

Great reminder Pat.

Patty said...

Thanks, Kim! I appreciate that! :)