Sunday, January 15, 2012

Beautiful Blessings


I am so grateful tonight that I can hardly contain my joy. My beautiful new grandbaby Rosie is doing well. I will spend time with my grandson Sammie and granddaughter Kaya soon. I am blessed. My husband has a good job. My teaching assignments have been fulfilling. We have such a lovely home. The reason I am counting my blessings tonight is that I am appreciative for what I have. Joel Osteen wrote, "Seeds of discouragement cannot take root in a grateful heart."

Alphonse Karr wrote, "Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful thorns have roses." It's all a matter of perspective. My granddaughter Rosie's name is Briar Rose. She is a good reminder that beautiful roses grow among the briars. She was born to teenage parents, but she is thriving. I am so grateful that she has such good responsible parents even though they are young.

Recently I came across a poster that said this: "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back." I think that is so true. There is always someone who has it much worse than we do. Joel Osteen says, "Keep the right point of view. If you have a hard time getting to sleep at night, think about all the homeless people without beds. If you are stuck in traffic, think about all the people who can't afford cars. If you have a bad day in the office, think about all the people who are unemployed. If you have to walk three blocks to church, thank God you are healthy and able to walk. If your hair is turning gray, be grateful it is not turning loose!"

Yes, we have much for which to be grateful. If we would keep the right perspective, we would thank God for each day we are alive and for every minute we have to spend with our loved ones.

Love and Light,
Patty

No comments: