Sunday, October 11, 2009

Out with the Old, In with the New


"Don't cry because it's over----smile because it happened," is a quote from a pamphlet called BITS AND PIECES.

We build our lives brick by brick. When my girls graduated high school and left home, I was alone and suffering from an "empty nest". A few years down the road I met my wonderful husband and entered a new phase of life. Around that same time, God blessed me with grandchildren so my life became very fulfilling.

Sometimes we go through changes that make us feel like we are giving up something very valuable. I know I felt this way when my daughters left home. As a single mom, those girls were my life. What I didn't realize was that God would offer me a joyous alternative. I didn't realize that I was about to meet the love of my life and experience the joy and beauty of grandchildren.

About ten months ago my oldest granddaughter came to live with us. Now I am re-living those days of school functions and having such purpose in my life. It's amazing to see God's perfect picture. He had a much better plan for my life than I could have ever dreamed. Last night my husband and I had the pleasure of watching her up on stage in a school play, and I felt like I was in such a perfect place in my life.

We just need to learn to trust God for help, support, and guidance. He will give us strength. "Be strong and courageous...for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9) Joel Osteen says God has more in store for us if we believe our best days are ahead of us. My best days are not past; they are yet to come.

Love and Light,
Patty

No comments: