Saturday, October 3, 2009

This Magic Moment


"This God--His way is perfect; the promise of the Lord proves true; He is a shield for all who take refuge in Him" (2 Samuel 22:31). The DAILY WORD today says, "God is my source, my strength, and my shield." Because of that, I am full of peace. He lifts my spirit and calms my mind.

Whenever I come across a challenge, I realize that I do not have to rely on my own limited capabilities, but that I can call on my Source, almighty God, to fill me with divine potential to handle whatever happens in life.

I live in the present moment, knowing that it is only here that I can access the presence of the Lord. Here is where I can gently let go of all concerns and relax. Here is where I can pause and reflect. Here is where I can find wisdom and understanding. "O send out Your light and Your truth; let them lead me" (Psalms 43:3).

There was a song in 1969 called "This Magic Moment". I know that as we live in the moment, we can touch the face of God and enjoy all the beauty of our surroundings. So in this magic moment right here at the computer, I let God's love move through me and accept the divine strength and love that only He can give.

Light and Love,
Patty

2 comments:

Mutterguse said...

INCREDIBLE, Patty! Thank you, I love the picture, and your post reminded me of a Hymn. When I googled "You are my strength," several things popped up, all beautiful - Strong Tower - is one, another is Jars of Clay's "Needful Hands" and the chorus esp reminded me of your post, 'You are my eyes when I cannot see You are my voice, see, sing through me
You are my strength in weakness be,' but the hymn that says it best is: http://lyrics.payplay.fm/Keith+Lancaster+&+The+Acappella+Company/You+Are+My+All+in+All.
Thank you for reminding me today that God's love moving through us is a blessing, and leaning on Him for strength is the best way to let that happen. God bless you and yours today.

Patty said...

Thanks, Rozan. We are so fortunate to be able to rely on God for everything we need in this life. God bless!