Friday, November 6, 2009

The Peace of God


"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts...and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15) Tonight I realize how fortunate I am to be immersed in the love and peace of God. I am so relieved that He loves me unconditionally. I focus my thoughts on love and good.

Any decisions I have to make are not mine alone. I have God to help me have a good weekend and experience wonderful things. In the 23rd Psalm, David says, "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters; He restores my soul."

We can be grateful even in the midst of sad news. "You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever." In God's light, we can heal our lives.

With the relationship we have with God, we can be grateful that we have God's spirit within us. "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." (Matthew 6:33)

Tonight I fall on my knees in amazement that in this now moment, I can let go of all anxiety and fear. As a lily in the field, I surrender to what is, and I am grateful.

Light and love,
Patty

No comments: